Want to improve your dental health? Visit Dr. Asad Chaudhry and our team in Somerville, New Jersey, where we can help you keep your teeth strong and healthy for years to come.
Oral/dental health has been shown to affect not only your mouth but the health of your entire body. Dental problems have been linked to serious conditions like diabetes, heart disease and complications during pregnancy. To help prevent these issues, we recommend taking everyday steps to keep your teeth and gums healthy and strong.
Tooth decay and gum disease affect people all across the U.S. There are lots of things you can do to prevent these conditions from worsening or developing in the first place. At Somerville Dental, we recommend the following:
- Take time to brush and floss daily, at least once a day for flossing and twice a day for brushing
- If you notice any changes in your dental or oral health, let your dentist or dental hygienist know
- Attend your dental appointments and reserve at least two a year, though more may be necessary if you have been diagnosed with certain conditions
- Ask about ways to treat ongoing conditions like dry mouth
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and products
- Avoid oral tobacco use
If you would like to learn more about dental health, call (908) 725-0200 and speak with a helpful member of our team. Reserve an appointment with Dr. Chaudhry and our Registered Dental Hygienist today!